Friday, September 30, 2016

Walking Man


inspired by the "Walking Man" sculpture by Alberto Giacometti.  I went to LACMA, and got to see some of his other sculptures in person, as well as a painting I didn't know existed.  it was amazing.  

I tried painting something abstract here.  if you consider using lasso tool and rock texture to be painting.  it was hard to ignore various paradigms and not "fix" stuff.  I can't say if I enjoyed making it, nor if I enjoy the final product, but I think it definitely captures the mood I've been in lately.  

also, I'm looking forward to posting a comic I've been working on soon.  a good friend of mine helped me write the first six strips.  it's called "The Barber Shop from Hell"  I think it's really funny, so please check it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment